Road Trip Part 2: Big Bear

Our second part of the trip was to Big Bear, CA. Our very sweet friends let us stay in their adorable cabin. THANK YOU guys so much!! We left Idyllwild Monday morning and made it to Big Bear in about 2.5 hours. Not bad! We immediately went to Big Bear Lake Brewing Company to grab some lunch and to watch the Olympics... of course! We ate the most delicious avocado bomb. Basically it was an avocado filled with raw spicy tuna and crab, then fried in a tempura batter. Oh my goodness, it was delicious! We couldn't get enough. We spent the rest of the day checking out the little village area and watching more Olympics.

Half-eaten Avocado bomb. YUM!

We had dinner at Saucy Mama's and while the service wasn't great, the food was awesome. They were just super understaffed and couldn't handle the amount of people that were there. Thankfully, we had lots of time to hang out :)

The next morning we went to the Copper Q to have a light breakfast before our workout. The place was so cute I couldn't help but take pictures of the decor. The coffee was yummy as well!

We headed to a local park to do a partner workout. The altitude kicked my butt but at least we got it done!  We drove around to a local book sale, then checked out the wooden carvings. We really wanted a little bear or bald eagle but holy moly they are expensive! Needless to say, we left empty-handed.

Our plan was to spend the day at the beach/ swim area. Sadly, the lake levels are super low this year and the beach access area was closed. Such a bummer.

We ended up going to watch more Olympics and hung out in an outside area of 572 Social. We highly recommend that restaurant because they have live music and a great patio! Then we went to the Alpine slide to let our inner-child loose. So fun!!

We had dinner at Saucy Mama's again because we were craving pizza. The service was much better the 2nd time around :) We finished our night with some yummy treats. A s'mores caramel apple for Mark and ice cream for me.

We spent our last morning eating breakfast at the Little Bear Restaurant and cleaning up the cabin. Mark went on an early morning bike ride and I watched The Good Wife. Guys, I'm obsessed with this show. I know I am WAY behind the times but I just realized what I was missing. Anyways, we left around 11 a.m. and it was a easy drive home. We had such a wonderful time on our little getaway. Sometimes you just need to get out of the house for awhile, to really appreciate life. :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!